Our company is dedicated to adherence to regulatory requirements. Our Integrity Management Plan (IMP) is comprised of ongoing inspection and maintenance activities that verify the safety and integrity of our pipeline systems. With a thorough IMP, the life expectancy of a pipeline asset is determined primarily by inspections and maintenance activities, not by age. Plains integrity management personnel participate actively in multiple industry groups to stay abreast of the latest technologies and integrity management methods.
Our IMP includes hydrostatic testing and utilization of modern inspection tools at regular intervals to help assess the integrity of our pipelines.
In-line inspection tools, referred to as “smart pigs,” are capable of detecting conditions in pipelines that could affect safe operations. This technology helps us to proactively identify and address possible integrity concerns on our pipelines before safety and environmental performance is compromised. In-line inspections are conducted on scheduled intervals to meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
We have multiple processes in place to actively maintain the integrity of our pipeline systems, including:
- Pipeline assessment schedules
- Internal and external corrosion control
- Regular aerial surveillance patrol
- Equipment maintenance strategies
- Routine inspection of equipment
- Right of way clearing
- Waterway crossing inspections
- Participation in Damage Prevention initiatives and One Call programs
- Employee training and qualification program
Learn more about our Integrity Management Program here